A miniature candy bar is the hidden treat inside fun-for-all-ages pops from Martha Hoover of Coatesville, Pennsylvania. "My sons brought these cookies home from school after their teacher made a bunch for her class," Martha relates. "The kids loved nibbling them on a stick. Of course, the taste also was instant hit!"
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 wooden craft sticks
- 12 fun-size Snickers or Milky Way candy bars
- In a small bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Insert a wooden stick into the small end of each candy bar. Divide dough into 12 pieces; wrap one piece around each candy bar. Place 4 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cookie Pops in Country Woman January/February 1999, p14
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cookie Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2011
"Great recipe!!! turned out perfectly:)"