Peanut Butter Coconut Balls Recipe
This recipe has been a family "secret" for generations. But I think it's too good to keep to ourselves. A glossy chocolate coating hides a crunchy coconut filling. —Jennifer Dignin, Westerville, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2-1/2 cups (15 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- Chopped nuts or sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter until light and fluffy Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and mix well. Stir in the cracker crumbs, walnuts and coconut. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- 3. Dip balls into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll in nuts or sprinkles. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 7 dozen.
1 piece (calculated without nuts or sprinkles) equals 120 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Coconut Balls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC