- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2-1/2 cups (15 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- Chopped nuts or sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter until light and fluffy Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and mix well. Stir in the cracker crumbs, walnuts and coconut. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip balls into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll in nuts or sprinkles. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Coconut Balls
Sort By :
jI have made this recipe for many years. I got the recipe out of a Junior League cookbook from a small town in Arkansas. It is my favorite candy recipe and requested by family and friends.
This is almost like my grandmothers with a few other ingredients, I like and yes I would give this recipe to a family or friend.
Peanut Butter Coconut Balls = YUM!
This recipe is so easy and always a crowd favorite. I always have people asking me to make these. I like variety in the chocolate so I sometimes use almond bark or white chocolate...I've also melted down crunch bars and it turns out great!
I used creamy peanut butter and they came out great and very easy. the graham cracker crumbs add a good texture and taste.