This recipe has been a family "secret" for generations. But I think it's too good to keep to ourselves. A glossy chocolate coating hides a crunchy coconut filling. —Jennifer Dignin, Westerville, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2-1/2 cups (15 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- Chopped nuts or sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter until light and fluffy Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and mix well. Stir in the cracker crumbs, walnuts and coconut. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip balls into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll in nuts or sprinkles. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Coconut Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p170
Reviews for Peanut Butter Coconut Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review