Peanut Butter Cocoa Bonbons
I'm a minister's wife and also have a candy-making business. This yummy pairing of peanut butter and chocolate produced terrific treats for a recent fellowship. Everyone commented on the flavor and quickly emptied my tray.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and
- vanilla until smooth. Stir in peanuts. Cover and refrigerate for 2
- hours or until firm. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a waxed
- paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; return to baking sheet. Refrigerate,
- uncovered, for 3 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt peanut butter chips and
- shortening; stir until smooth and blended. Dip balls and place on
- waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm. Store in an
- airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 258 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.