Peanut Butter Christmas Mice
With their red licorice tails, candy noses and peanut ears, these chewy "mice" were always a hit at classroom parties. My children are in their teens now, but they still ask me to make these cookies for the holidays.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
30 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut halves
- 2 tablespoons green and red M&M's minis
- 4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Cake decorator holly leaf and berry candies
- 60 to 66 pieces red shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter, and sugars until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. (Dough will be
- soft). Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Pinch each ball at one end to taper. Insert two peanut halves in
- center of each ball for ears. Add one M&M mini for nose and two
- chocolate chips for eyes. Arrange holly and berry candies in front
- of one ear.