Peanut Butter Chocolate Tart Recipe
I've been submitted recipes for years to Taste of Home recipe contest, but never dreamed that I would win. I love peanut butter and add it to many of the desserts I make. This is one of my best and anyone who loves peanut butter cups will be in heaven when they take a bite of this rich, sensational tart. While it looks spectacular, it is very easy to put together.—Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a food processor, place the wafers, peanut butter chips and sugar; cover and process until finely crushed. Stir in melted butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, corn syrup and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour into crust. Refrigerate while making ganache.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the cream, sugar and corn syrup just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until melted and smooth. Pour over filling. Sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Chocolate Tart in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p68
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chocolate Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review