- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 35 to 40 pretzels
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 3 teaspoons oil; stir until smooth. Dip pretzels in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets to set.
- Melt peanut butter chips and remaining oil; transfer to a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in a corner of bag; drizzle over pretzels. Allow to set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzels
"I had the same problem as another reviewer, where the chocolate was so thick no excess could drip off. Not sure how to correct that other than maybe adding another teaspoon of oil. The globbed on chocolate just makes the pretzels look sloppy, not pretty for holiday gift giving. I didn't have any problems with the peanut butter chips. As far as taste goes, there's no way to screw up a chocolate covered pretzels, so of course they were delicious!"
"When I melted these in the microwave, the chocolate was so thick it didn't "drip" off any excess. So I thought I'd add a teaspoon of water to try and thin it out. BIG MISTAKE! The chocolate became hard instantly. I haven't had a fail in the kitchen in years. I ended up saving the chocolate by making fudge with it. How do it get a thinner mix?"
"Nice, easy to make snack!"
"These are perfect just the way they are."
"I made these last Christmas. My son loved them and requested them again. I don't usually like making dipped pretzels but these turned out perfectly."