Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfaits Recipe
If your looking for a super dessert that can be made a day ahead, try these parfaits. They contain the popular flavor combination of peanut butter and chocolate and are topped off with whipped cream. Yum!—Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Chocolate curls
- 1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2. In a small heavy saucepan, heat the milk, sugar, peanut butter and butter until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- 3. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in gelatin mixture and vanilla. Quickly transfer to a bowl; place in ice water and stir for 10 minutes or until cold and thickened.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold half into peanut butter mixture.
- 5. Spoon 1 tablespoon ice cream topping into each of six parfait glasses. Top with 1/4 cup peanut butter mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped cream; sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate curls. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 parfait (calculated without chocolate curls) equals 479 calories, 31 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC