If your looking for a super dessert that can be made a day ahead, try these parfaits. They contain the popular flavor combination of peanut butter and chocolate and are topped off with whipped cream. Yum!—Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Chocolate curls
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat the milk, sugar, peanut butter and butter until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in gelatin mixture and vanilla. Quickly transfer to a bowl; place in ice water and stir for 10 minutes or until cold and thickened.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold half into peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon ice cream topping into each of six parfait glasses. Top with 1/4 cup peanut butter mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped cream; sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate curls. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Parfaits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p115
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chocolate Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2015
"Peanut butter and chocolate together is heaven. Thanks!!"