- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 quart peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces, softened
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped miniature peanut butter cups
- Place cookies in a food processor. Cover and pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan; cover and freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- Spread chocolate ice cream into crust; cover and freeze until firm. Spread peanut butter over chocolate layer and top with peanut butter ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Spread over top of dessert. Immediately sprinkle with peanut butter cups. Cover and freeze for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter-Chocolate Ice Cream Torte in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p64
Reviews for Peanut Butter-Chocolate Ice Cream Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2013
"Is this actually worth 1,001 calories?"
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2013
"1 slice equals 1,001 calories!!!!!!!!"
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2012
"Very easy to make! Extremely delicious!"