- 20 chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 15 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- Crush 16 cookies; toss with the butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups.
- In another large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and remaining confectioners' sugar on low speed for 2 minutes Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Spread over peanut butter cups. Crush remaining cookies; sprinkle over the top. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Chocolate Dessert
"There are really good desserts, then there are GREAT desserts- this one falls under GREAT desserts. It's rich and smooth, with a variety of flavors and textures that marry together for a party in your mouth! A hard to earn 5 stars from me!"
"Sounds delicious right now and I'm loving it and I'm looking forward to making it some day."
"The first time I made this my family and I was super impressed and it has become the most requested dessert for Sunday dinners."
"This was a big hit! As a Volunteer Field Editor for TOH, I enjoy testing new recipes. As others have suggested, it is very rich and a small serving goes a long way! Very simple to make and a crowd favourite for sure!"
"Delicious but very rich. Could reduce the amount of confectioners sugar and it would still be sweet enough. A 9"x13" pan is not big enough for a doubled recipe."
"I have made this several times. Took it to work to share and even the people who said they only wanted a little bit came back for BIG second helpings. Delish"
"So rich!!! So sweet. A little dab will do you. Impressive to take to parties"
"This was very good! I placed this in a 9 x 13 pan. I just needed to crush up a few more oreos for the crust to fill the bottom of the pan. I normally don't adjust recipes prior to making them the first time but several people commented about the sweetness of this dessert so I only added 1/2 cup of powdered sugar to the cream cheese/peanut butter mixture and none to the chocolate pudding. This was perfect for us! Everyone at the party loved it! I'd definately make it again."
"Excellent dessert. I actually had someone who doesn't like sweets say that he loved this recipe because of the peanut butter taste. It is really sweet, but that's the point! Anything that puts chocolate and peanut butter together is going to taste great! I used low-fat, no-fat items where I could, but no one would know."