- 20 chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 15 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- Crush 16 cookies; toss with the butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups.
- In another large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and remaining confectioners' sugar on low speed for 2 minutes Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Spread over peanut butter cups. Crush remaining cookies; sprinkle over the top. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert
"I made this for my sister and brother in law's birthday. He likes anything that's peanut butter and chocolate! I found it very easy to make. It was a little tricky getting the Oreos on the bottom. I think next time I would omit the butter and just sprinkle them in the pan. I used fat free cream cheese and light cool whip, still came out great! My brother in law thought it was very rich but I thought it was perfect."
"Everyone loved this! I will definitely be making this again."
"Made this one year for our Family Christmas. Was a big hit but oh so RICH! You won't need much of it at one time, but oh so delicious!"
"This was delicious. Anyone have problem with Oreo crust not sticking?"
"I opted for a 9x13 pan and totally happy with the result. I used a few more cookies for bottom crust to insure coverage. All finished, the dessert fills the pan to within 1/4" of top edge."