Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
I didn't have any luck finding a peanut butter-filled chocolate cupcake (my two favorite flavors), so I made my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and experimented with the filling until I found one I liked. —Julie Small, Claremont, New Hampshire
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and milk until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, water, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thin).
- 3. Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups half full with batter. Drop a scant tablespoonful of peanut butter mixture into center of each; cover with remaining batter.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- 5. In a large bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth; frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen jumbo cupcakes.
1 serving (1 each) equals 509 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 394 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC