Peanut Butter Chocolate Crispies
My Aunt Mary developed this recipe when she was a cook at a parochial school that had an abundance of federal surplus peanut butter. It has grown into a family favorite.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a
- boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in
- peanut butter until melted and blended. Stir in vanilla. Fold in the
- cereal, marshmallows and chips; stir until blended. Transfer to a
- greased 8-in. square dish. Cool; cut into squares. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 262 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.