Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies Recipe
This recipe was featured in our Sunday paper and I just had to try it. Kids really love the peanut butter surprise inside the cookie.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and 1/4 cup peanut butter. Added egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Blend confectioners' sugar with remaining peanut butter until smooth. Roll into 24 balls, 1 in. each. Divide dough into 24 pieces; flatten each into a 3-in. circle.
- 3. Place one peanut butter ball on each circle; bring edges over to completely cover it. (Dough may crack; reshape cookies as needed.) Place cookies with seam side down on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 363 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC