- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and 1/4 cup peanut butter. Added egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Blend confectioners' sugar with remaining peanut butter until smooth. Roll into 24 balls, 1 in. each. Divide dough into 24 pieces; flatten each into a 3-in. circle.
- Place one peanut butter ball on each circle; bring edges over to completely cover it. (Dough may crack; reshape cookies as needed.) Place cookies with seam side down on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies(7)
Sort By :
yes, really good cookies. Definitely will make again
SO good! The only problem I had with them is the difficulty it takes to "assemble" the cookies. The peanut butter mixture is supposed to be completely enclosed in the chocolate dough. It is simply said........ impossible, (at least with my experience).
They are very sweet, so don't be afraid to eliminate some of the sugar. The peanut butter dough is sticky and hard to deal with so you can refrigerate it or freeze it some to make it easier. Overall, they were delicious! Just be aware of the effort and frustration it might require of you!
The first time I made these my sister asked how I got the peanut butter inside the cookie. I've never had anyone turn them down!!
Rich decadent good - but they are HUGE - Next time I will definitely make this into 48 cookies insteas of 24 - given the calorie count this will be a major improvement
Made these for a weekly Wednesday night cookout and they went fast. My brother loved them and asked for the recipe. Even said he could eat them weekly (on Wednesdays, lol). Very good and will make again. Thanks for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate >
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Desserts >