Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars Recipe
This chewy treat from Alice McVey of Evansville, Indiana is full of goodies like marshmallows, raisins, chocolate chips and sunflower kernels.
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, peanut butter, butter, corn syrup and vanilla. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring often until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 273 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC