- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, peanut butter, butter, corn syrup and vanilla. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring often until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Granola Bars in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p61
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2012
We really enjoyed this recipe. I used creamy peanut butter and craisins and omitted the sesame seeds, raisins and peanuts.