Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended. Stir in coffee (batter will be thin).
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter in a bowl until smooth. Beat in sugar, milk and vanilla. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 365 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
"This cake was pretty good. I made a half batch in a 7x8 glass dish, and it turned out fine. I didn't halve the frosting, and that amount was more than needed (but probably not twice as much as needed). We were in a hurry, so I served it warm and spooned frosting over each piece. "Warm" was the best part!"
"Love this go to recipe. I make this a lot when I crave chocolate and Peanut butter."
"These were delicious. I was a little worried with how thin the batter was, but they turned out fantastic. I turned the cake into cupcakes (makes 20 cupcakes) and doubled the icing."
"Awesome cake and frosting. Will be a "keeper" recipe."
"I use this for cupcakes all of the time. Everyone loves them."
"This is our go-to chocolate cake recipe. We wouldn't dream of making a chocolate cake from a box ever again. I would suggest to start with 40 minutes bake time. My oven is spot on temperature wise, and it's never done at 35. If you take it out too early, your center will sink significantly. We like chocolate buttercream with this cake too."
"I just made the recipe in cupcakes form for a shower. I was told they were the best cupcakes ever!"
"This cake is A-MAZING! Everyone loved it and came back for seconds!"