Who knew something this impressive could start with a cake mix! The mini chocolate chips add a tasty crunch to each slice. —Tammy Rex, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Baking cocoa, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared pans.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes. Invert each cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off parchment paper. Roll up each cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, whisk cream and pudding mix until thickened; whisk in peanut butter. Fold in whipped topping and chocolate chips. Unroll cakes; spread half of filling over each to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again, without towels. Place on serving platters, seam sides down. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours before serving. If desired, sprinkle with cocoa. Yield: 2 cake rolls (12 slices each).
Originally published as Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cake Rolls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p175
Reviews for Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cake Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2017