Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
Pretty swirls of cream cheese and peanut butter dress up a convenient package of cake mix with yummy results in this recipe Cheryl Paulsen sends from Omro, Wisconsin.
18 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, sour cream and egg whites
- on medium speed for 2 minutes. Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with
- cooking spray and dust with flour. Pour batter into pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar, peanut butter and
- milk until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter and swirl with
- a knife. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 225 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,