Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- PEANUT BUTTER BATTER:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into oil. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/3 cup sugar, egg and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls over cake batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake(5)
Sort By :
Great cake! I made in an 8x8 pan, cutting the cake ingredients in half and making the filling as stated because I wanted to try it out and there's only 2 of us. Came out great! Will definitely make again using the entire recipe.
I recall making this recipe before & the results were great!
Very good! This is a super simple and moist cake. I love the fact that you don't have to frost it because peanut butter filling is baked in the cake. The only problem I had was that the peanut butter mixture sort-of slid to the middle of the cake and the edge pieces ended up not having much of the filling. I don't know if this can be prevented, but let me know if anyone has a suggestion to correct this problem. When mixing up the peanut butter filling, I just stirred it all together with a rubber spatula in a bowl, no mixer is needed; just be sure to have your cream cheese pretty soft. Overall, very moist and delicious, quick and easy, I will make again.
I made this cake and took it to work. It was gone within minutes. It turned out exactly like the picture. We loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Dessert Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >