- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended. Stir in coffee (batter will be thin).
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter in a bowl until smooth. Beat in sugar, milk and vanilla. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"These were delicious. I was a little worried with how thin the batter was, but they turned out fantastic. I turned the cake into cupcakes (makes 20 cupcakes) and doubled the icing."
"Awesome cake and frosting. Will be a "keeper" recipe."
"It's the truth--coffee really does enhance chocolate, like all the pro chefs say. That's the difference in this cake compared to others."
"I have been making this cake for many years for church functions and neighborhood picnics and it's the first cake gone on the table! Everyone asks me for this recipe so it's definately a winner. Only change I make is that I double the frosting recipe to make a thicker layer for a 13x9 pan."
"I use this for cupcakes all of the time. Everyone loves them."