Meet the Cook: In our chocolate-loving house, this cake disappears very quickly! My husband and I have a 6-month-old son. We enjoy the peacefulness of country living. -Dorcas Yoder, Weyers Cave, Virginia
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended. Stir in coffee (batter will be thin).
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter in a bowl until smooth. Beat in sugar, milk and vanilla. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake in Country Woman May/June 1996, p29
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review