These peanut butter and chocolate treats will be a hit with kids of all ages. And the chopped peanut outer layer gives them a pretty finishing touch.
- 1 cup peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat. Transfer to a small bowl and cool to lukewarm, about 7 minutes. Beat in whipped topping. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt milk chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Truffles in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p51
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2009
"Love the final product, but have difficulty rolling into balls. The filling is very sticky and soft. They are really good regardless."