- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture; beat until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten if desired. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
"Made these & gave some to my sister-in-law. She really liked them & wanted the recipe, but was surprised to find out they had peanut butter in them. The peanut butter taste doesn't come thru at all. But if that's what makes them so soft, who cares!"
"The dough was way to wet for me to roll in sugar. I just scooped it onto the cookie sheets as is. I had to bake longer than the recipe said - about 10-12 minutes. Turned out good! Nice and soft!"
"These cookies were incredibly easy to make when a last minute cookie craving hit. I added extra chocolate chips and loved how soft they turned out."
"everyone loved it and it turned out perfect "
"These are fabulous. Very moist and they turn our beautifully. I did not alter the recipe in any way and they're wonderful!"
"These cookies are delicious! I like soft cookies so I used melted butter vs. softened. The cookies don't spread out which is what I wanted! These are great!"
"Loved this recipe - not too sweet (especially since we didn't roll them in sugar), great peanut flavor using generic chunky peanut butter. Despite using room temp butter and reusing baking sheets while they were still very warm, these cookies did not spread at all - we made them drop-style but next time will flatten a bit, too. Quick, no-fuss recipe that's going at the top of my go-to cookie list!"
"I think these turned out really good! My husband enjoyed them. I used natural PB, Splenda & Eggbeaters. I did have to flatten them quite a lot to get a not-so-round cookie but other than that, it was easy to follow & came out great. I didn't roll them in sugar, though--thought they'd be sweet enough with the choc chips! Thank u for sharing!"
"I found if you chill the dough about 2 hours and roll quickly in the sugar I got a beautiful cookie. Put dough back in fridge between batches. I rolled heaping teaspoons and got 28 cookies. I also cooked them at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. I wouldn't forgo the sugar roll because that is a touch that make these cookies different for a peanut butter one."
"This was great balance of peanut butter and chocolate. My kids loved them and so did the hubby!! Thanks!"