Peanut Butter Chip Cookies Recipe
These cookies are so yummy that we bake them a few times a month. For a fun change of pace, use vanilla or butterscotch chips or mix several different chips together.—Anne Wegener, Springville, Indiana
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture; beat until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten if desired. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 162 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC