Peanut Butter Chip Cookie
I bake these crispy yet chewy peanut butter cookies often. My grandchildren, both near and far, can't wait to dig into the cookie jar.Lois Bowman, Swanton, Maryland
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until
- light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after
- each addition. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats,
- baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- May be frozen for up to 6 months. Yield: about 5 dozen.