Peanut Butter Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 3. In the drippings, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add the tomato sauce, water, peanut butter, sugar, vinegar and chili powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Return chicken to the pan; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 4. Remove chicken and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chicken
"My whole family liked this meal! The combination of ingredients is a little weird, but the chicken turned out to be delicious."
"Oh my goodness I?m so jealous! It looked Amazing!!! Can't wait to make it :)"
"My kids love this! Definitely has an Asian twist which we love."
"I loved it - easy to make?my boyfriend and one of my best friends loved it"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.