- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- Sliced green onion tops
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until smooth. Reserve half of sauce. Slice chicken lengthwise into 1-in. strips; thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2 minutes; turn and brush with peanut butter sauce. Continue turning and basting for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Place cabbage on a serving plate; top with chicken. Sprinkle with onion tops. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chicken Skewers
Sort By :
This is by far my picky daughter's favorite chicken dish. She even puts the reserved sauce on angel hair pasta.
I really love peanut chicken satay! That being said, I had to pay fry this, as our grill is currently out of commission. It was very good, but I've had amazing satay at a few thai places. Definitely going in the recipe book!
I had breast and thigh meat. Turned out wonderful! Love all the flavors!
I made this for dinner for my husband last night. We both loved it and it was so easy to prepare. I didn't have pepper flakes so I used a little cayenne. It would be wonderful on grilled shrimp too!
Very good! Served it with macaroni salad and corn on the cob for my dad's birthday. Next time I make it I may leave out the pepper flakes though. They made it a bit spicy for my tastes :-)