"Most people associate peanut butter with snacks or desserts. This fantastic dish proves it also makes a mouthwatering sauce for chicken."—Jeanne Bennett, North Richland Hills, Texas.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- Sliced green onion tops
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until smooth. Reserve half of sauce. Slice chicken lengthwise into 1-in. strips; thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2 minutes; turn and brush with peanut butter sauce. Continue turning and basting for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Place cabbage on a serving plate; top with chicken. Sprinkle with onion tops. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Chicken Skewers in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Chicken Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review