- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine pretzels and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Stir in chips. Pour over the crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 15 minutes (leave oven on).
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, peanut butter and sugar; spread over filling. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Sort By :
"I can't believe this won a blue ribbon. This recipe was very disappointing. I took this to a large get together and they just did not like it and neither did I. I won't try it again. I gave the recipe to a girlfriend; she tried it and her family didn't care for it. She ended up tossing it. Sad but true. The pretzel crust is the best part of the recipe!!!"
"Wow. Not one person liked it. I never eat sweets but I had to taste it to understand. I think it is the sour cream on the topping, my opinion. Aside from that, probably coulda been edible."
"FANTASTIC!!!I don't even like flavored cheesecakes but loved this one. Everyone that tried it said it was the most fantastic thing they ever had- that it's their new favorite. I made crust with 1/2 pretzel crumbs, 1/2 graham cracker crumbs but otherwise followed it exactly. I used 1/2 regular cream cheese and 1/2 low fat cream cheese along with low fat sour cream for the topping. I usually make cheese cake with all low fat cream cheese and it's great so I'm sure that would work fine in this recipe too.The recipe calls for crushed pretzels but I'd recommend just tossing them in food processor...takes 30 seconds and creates a fine enough crumb that crust holds together great. I think if the pretzel chunks were bigger it wouldn't hold together.The recipe can actually be simpler than the instructions indicate....springform pan not necessary if you don't have one. And no need to push the crust up the sides of the pan. I used a regular round cake pan with the higher sides (maybe 4"??) and it was fine and put crust only on the bottom. Much quicker than bothering with pushing crust on sides of pan if you're in a hurry. I thought the first piece would be a mess to get out of the pan and it wasn't. I cut it and was able to lift out the first piece and it was perfectly neat. Also- freezes great. I cut remaining cake into slices and wrapped in parchment & ziploc. Can eat frozen or defrost and it's just as delicious as the day I made it.Recipe says it serves 12-14 but this is a BIG CAKE because it's so thick. You can easily serve more than 12-14 if you need to. Everyone said it was very rich so small pieces are sufficient."
"I made this with a graham cracker crust that included just a small amount of crushed pretzels. Couldn't take chances (after reading through previous reviews) because I was taking it to share at an event. Anyway, it tastes great, but the consistency of all but the outer edges was more moist and clammy and heavy than a cheesecake often is. Seemed underbaked to me, though I baked it for the time indicated and the center definitely appeared more than "almost set.""
"My first homemade cheesecake ever...Made this for the 4th of July cookout and it was an extreme hit! I did substitute half of the pretzels with graham crackers after reading the reviews. I'm glad I did, and next time I'll probably use only a graham cracker crust. Other than that, it was absolutely wonderful! thick and hearty! People came from the other side of the campground to get a sliver after word got around. Perfect!"