Peanut Butter Cereal Bars Recipe
I enjoy giving gifts that are simple and homemade. I cut these bars into squares and serve them on holiday trays as gifts.—Brenda Alexander, Frankton, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cereal and nuts; set aside. In a microwave-safe 1-qt. bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-40 seconds. Stir and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour sugar mixture over cereal and nuts; stir to coat. Press into the prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
- 3. Using foil, lift out of pan. Discard foil; cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 143 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC