Peanut Butter Cereal Bars Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cereal and nuts; set aside. In a microwave-safe 1-qt. bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-40 seconds. Stir and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour sugar mixture over cereal and nuts; stir to coat. Press into the prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
- 3. Using foil, lift out of pan. Discard foil; cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 143 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
"they are so good, it's impossible to have one, but they are worth it"