I enjoy giving gifts that are simple and homemade. I cut these bars into squares and serve them on holiday trays as gifts.—Brenda Alexander, Frankton, Indiana
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cereal and nuts; set aside. In a microwave-safe 1-qt. bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-40 seconds. Stir and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour sugar mixture over cereal and nuts; stir to coat. Press into the prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
- Using foil, lift out of pan. Discard foil; cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cereal Bars in Country Woman November/December 2003, p35
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2010
"they are so good, it's impossible to have one, but they are worth it"