Peanut Butter Caramel Bars Recipe
When my husband, Bob, and our three sons sit down to dinner, they ask, "What's for dessert?" I have a happy group of guys when I report that these rich bars are on the menu. They're chockfull of yummy ingredients. -Lee Ann Karnowski, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 20 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) milk chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until no longer crumbly. Stir in peanut butter cups.
- 2. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, caramel topping and peanut butter; stir until smooth. Cook over low heat for 25-27 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil; stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts.
- 4. Spread evenly over warm crust. Bake 6-7 minutes longer or until almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread with frosting; sprinkle with peanuts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC