Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
Our Test Kitchen combines the popular flavors of chocolate and peanut butter in a mini layer cake that's delectable and attractive. Make sure to store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- 3 tablespoons beaten egg, divided
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), broken into squares
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons egg and 2 tablespoons milk. Stir in 3 tablespoons sugar and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture comes just to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream shortening and remaining sugar. Add remaining egg. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with remaining milk. Add chocolate mixture; mix well.
- 3. Pour into a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Split cake horizontally in half; level top.
- 4. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese. Gradually beat in milk and peanut butter. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish with candy bar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 422 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC