- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cake Bars
Sort By :
"Everyone loved this recipe,they turned out perfect. Thanks for shareing your recipe."
"Wow!! I made these today during our ice storm, and I am glad I did. I loved the consistency of the bars. I did add more peanut butter since I read the other reviews and they said it was very light. Great bar, the hubby and my neighbors loved them!!"
"Loved these! Peanut buttery and moist. Only problem I had was the edges getting a little too done and slightly burnt by the time the center tested done. Will make again!"
"I was very disappointed with this recipe. There was not a lot of peanut butter flavor, as other reviews pointed out. I could have dealt with the lack luster peanut butter flavor and adjusted it accordingly the next time but my family did not care for the texture. I also thought they were kind of greasy. Maybe I creamed the butter mixture too long? I was hoping for a more chewy, crisp bar. I might had gotten more of the texture I was hoping for if I had baked them in a jelly roll pan instead of a 9x13 pan. Sadly, I will not be trying the recipe again, it had too many strikes against it for our family."
"I made these wonderful bars this evening, my husband ate them even before they were cool and said numerous times how much he liked them. They are delicious and I will plan on making them again in the near future. Thank you for this great recipe"