- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cake Bars
Sort By :
These were so good! They disappeared very quickly!
Wow! I can't even begin to say how great this recipe turned out. These were a huge hit, and I can honestly say these are one of the best cake bars I have ever had. I even used a cup of whole wheat pastry flour and no one could tell. Loved the flavor. Made no changes. They were soooo good!!! Would make again and again!!
Since we have peanut allergies, I made this with sunflower seed butter. I added a bit more than called for since some people said it didn't have much of a peanut butter taste. I could taste it, but wouldn't have minded a bit more. Moist and chewy.
I cut the baking temp and time downtt... And these turned out so good! I had recipe requests at work after the first bite.
Wonderful bars! I had the bars in the oven and was reading reviews and based on them, turned the timer down by fifteen minutes....however, the bars weren't done, so altogether they were baked for forty minutes and came out perfectly. Lots of peanut butter taste - at least enough for us! - and we love the addition of the milk chocolate chips. Moist, great peanut butter flavor...delicious!!!