Peanut Butter Cake Bars Recipe
These cake-like bars are packed with peanut butter and chocolate chips, and are perfect for any occasion. Kids and adults alike are in for a treat with these gems. —Charlotte Ennis, Lake Arthur, New Mexico
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 277 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC