Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe
“Peanut Butter Brownie Cups, made in muffin cups, are a year-round treat, and they’re especially convenient to take along on picnics,” says Joyce Gibson of Rhinelander, Wisconsin.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth; cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and water; stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine baking powder and remaining flour; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full. Top each with about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter mixture. Spoon remaining batter over the top. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until centers are set (do not overbake). Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 169 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC