Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle Recipe
- 1 fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) miniature peanut butter cups
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in peanut butter chips. Bake in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack; cut into 3/4-in. pieces.
- Cut peanut butter cups in half; set aside 1/3 cup for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cartons whipped topping.
- Place a third of the brownies in a 5-qt. glass bowl; top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice. Cover with remaining whipped topping; garnish with reserved peanut butter cups. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 20 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle(85)
Sort By :
Very good! Used fat free cool whip too
Came out fantastic. Easy to make gluten free (betty crocker mix works great) for the celiac sufferers! Did use less whip cream than called for and didn't miss it one bit. And the colder it is the better.
This goes a long way because it is rich....but oh soooo yummy!!!!
I took many of the suggestions given and made some adjustments. 1. I misread the recipe and didn't put the PB chips in the brownies so I skipped them all together and it was a not missed. 2. I cut whole PB cups to save on unwrapping. 8 whole PB cups gave enough flavor without being overwhelming. 3. I used the 1.5 cartons of cool whip in the mix and the other half on top. Using an another carton seemed too much and wasn't missed (plus more wouldn't have fit in my bowl. Everyone loved it. I'd definitely make it again.
I made this for our Labor Day BBQ...it was a HIT!!! Easy recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Brownie Mix Recipes >
- Brownie Trifle >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Chocolate Trifle >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >