- 1 fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) miniature peanut butter cups
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in peanut butter chips. Bake in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack; cut into 3/4-in. pieces.
- Cut peanut butter cups in half; set aside 1/3 cup for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cartons whipped topping.
- Place a third of the brownies in a 5-qt. glass bowl; top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice. Cover with remaining whipped topping; garnish with reserved peanut butter cups. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 20 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle
"This was so good. My kids loved it and it was something they could help me make which adds to the enjoyment. I just used enough peanut butter cups for garnish rather than put them in the dessert. As I love all things peanut butter we will definitely make this again."
"This recipe would be improved by leaving out the peanut butter cups. The brownies and pudding are absolutely delicious. The hard peanut butter cups are too stark a contrast in texture--and, honestly, they just taste tacky in comparison to the other ingredients. Even the kids picked them out. If I made this again, I would either leave them out completely or just add a handful, chopped small, as the topping."
"This trifle was excellent! It is VERY rich. Brought it into work and received many requests for the recipe. Recommendation: Cut peanut butter cups amount in half (use only one bag)."
"Love this, made it for my women's club meeting they loved it..............none left."
"Delicious! I only used 2 containers of whipped topping and that was plenty. Would definitely make again!"
"There is no possible way to combine these ingredients and have it turn out bad. You definitely can't go wrong with brownies, peanut butter cups, and pudding! This did make enough to fill two trifle bowls (I believe they were 3 and 4 quart sizes), so I would cut this in half if I made it again."
"I made these in 9 oz. plastic cups for easier clean-up, and they were delicious! Everyone loved them. They were very rich, but tasted great."
"I made three of these for a church function my first time making them, oh my gosh they were absolutely wonderful, everybody loved them! definitely a big hit and a keeper in my book, the only difference between this and other trifles that I've tried is that this is very rich ,which is not a bad thing that's very good, except people have a tendency to want to take a lot because most trifles are light so next time I take it to a function in a large group I will put a note on it saying that it is very rich and to take sparingly, the only thing different I would do to it next time is to add the whipped topping in the layers because I did joy it so much more with the whip topping mixed in with it then just having it on the top, I made 2 with regular brownies and one brownie mix had nuts mixed in with it, and the only thing I did different to this recipe was I doubled my brownie mixes, i put two boxes of brownie mix together per recipe for a 9 x 13 pan so the brownies feel the pan better and come out a little thicker not so thin and small, this is how I make my Brownies all the time anyway .....I really love this recipe and I kept wondering what it reminded me of outside of a Reese's peanut butter cup ,I knew there was something and then it dawned on me if you love peanut butter pie then you will definitely love this, I told everybody who wanted to try it if you like brownies and Reese's peanut butter cups you're going to love this and everyone got the biggest smiles on their face... this is one of the best recipes! thank you so much for sharing :)"
"Delicious, but in order to fit in a normal trifle bowl, you need to half the recipe."