Peanut Butter Brownie Mix Recipe
I discovered this recipe in our local newspaper, gave it a try, and my family loved it. If you pack the dry ingredients in a quart canning jar, you can cover the lid with Christmasy fabric for a quick, festive touch. —Lynn Dowdall, Perth, Ontario
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a 1-qt. glass container, layer the first nine ingredients in order listed, packing well between each layer. Cover tightly. Store in a cool dry place up to 6 months.
- 2. To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine eggs, butter, vanilla and brownie mix. Spread into a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 brownies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC