Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
I used to make these brownie bites with a cherry in the center. Then I discovered that my granddaughter Lily is big on peanut butter, so I switched it up. Now she loves to help me make them. —Donna McGinnis, Taylor Ridge, Illinois
42 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped salted peanuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line mini-muffin cups with paper or foil
- Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions. Fill
- prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake).
- Place pans on wire racks. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle,
- make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each brownie. Cool
- 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat peanut butter and cream cheese
- until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar, milk and
- vanilla until smooth. Fill or pipe frosting into indentations. If
- desired, sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.