Peanut Butter Brownie Bars Recipe
A brownie mix base makes this a simple treat that will appeal to adults and children alike. Creamy peanut butter, crunchy nuts and crisp cereal make the bars fun to bite into. —Radelle Knappenberger, Oviedo, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:36 servings
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 12 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- 2. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups and peanuts. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until chocolate is melted. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in the cereal, vanilla and salt. Carefully spread over brownies. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC