- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour until blended; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth; cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and water; stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine baking powder and remaining flour; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full. Top each with about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter mixture. Spoon remaining batter over the top. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until centers are set (do not overbake). Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Brownie
Sort By :
"I'm terrible at baking! The flavor is wonderful, but mine didn't turn out very well. I need something fool proof if I'm going to bake."
"Delicious! I made these for dessert for a family dinner and everyone loved them. I don't think that anyone had just one!"
"Delicious, peanut butter filling was amazing. However, the chocolate brownie part was just to dry to be very tasty to me. I think I'll use my own brownie recipe but add the peanut butter filling from this recipe."
"I found this recipe to be great! There was just enough chocolate and peanut butter taste. They were sweet, but not overly sweet. I did cut out 1/4 cup of the regular sugar though. I also used 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips instead of 3 ounces of unsweetened. 3 ounces is about equivalent to 1/2 cup. They were great, the peanut butter did sink to the bottom some but that didn't affect the taste!"
"I agree that it's hard to get the filling and batter proportioned, but I've still made these several times. They're fun and tasty for adults and kids alike."