“Peanut Butter Brownie Cups, made in muffin cups, are a year-round treat, and they’re especially convenient to take along on picnics,” says Joyce Gibson of Rhinelander, Wisconsin.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour until blended; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth; cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and water; stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine baking powder and remaining flour; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full. Top each with about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter mixture. Spoon remaining batter over the top. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until centers are set (do not overbake). Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Brownie Cups in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p49
Reviews for Peanut Butter Brownie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review