Peanut Butter Bread
"Slices of this yummy loaf are great spread with grape jelly," reports Linda Muir of Big Lake Minnesota. Kids will ask for it along with a big glass of milk for an after-school snack.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Grape jelly, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add
- egg, milk and peanut butter; stir just until combined. Pour into a
- greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack. Serve with jelly if desired. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 158 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.