Peanut Butter Bread Pudding Recipe
Traditional bread pudding gets a new twist in this deliciously different dessert from Sharon Paddock of Wauchula, Florida. "With both chocolate chips and peanut butter, this bread pudding does not taste light," she assures. "And it's so comforting!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:6 servings
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4 cups cubed French bread
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix and vanilla for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add peanut butter; mix well. Add the remaining ingredients; mix gently to combine. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 234 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC