Peanut Butter Bread Pudding Recipe
Traditional bread pudding gets a new twist in this deliciously different dessert from Sharon Paddock of Wauchula, Florida. "With both chocolate chips and peanut butter, this bread pudding does not taste light," she assures. "And it's so comforting!"
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4 cups cubed French bread
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix and vanilla for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add peanut butter; mix well. Add the remaining ingredients; mix gently to combine. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Bread Pudding in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p46
Reviews for Peanut Butter Bread Pudding(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2009
I hate bread pudding. I made this for my family and they liked it so much I decided to give it a taste. I only wish it were lighter so we could have it more often!