Peanut Butter Blossoms
Better watch out! These peanut butter cookies topped with dark chocolate candies could be gone before Christmas. —Jeanette Meidal, Savage, Minnesota
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- Red and green colored sugar
- 36 Hershey's Kisses of your choice
- In a small bowl, cream the brown sugar, peanut butter and shortening
- until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add
- cookie mix and mix well.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Roll in colored sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for
- 8-10 minutes or until surface cracks. Immediately press a chocolate
- kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 5 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 128 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.