Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- Red and green colored sugar
- 36 Hershey's Kisses of your choice
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the brown sugar, peanut butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add cookie mix and mix well.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Roll in colored sugar.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until surface cracks. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie: 128 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Blossoms
"Best cookies ever!"
"What is wrong with this cookie recipe! I was looking for a different peanut butter cookie recipe, as mine bakes up quite flat and I want them to stand up a bit more. This one stands up, but is very dry, I added an extra egg. 1st pan wasn't even done when I baked 8-10 minutes, so I baked the 2nd pan longer. Also I did not put in the required 3 teaspoons of salt. That has to be wrong!! I just put a dash. Certainly not worth the chocolate I put on top! I'm disappointed, thought Taste of Home recipes were Always the best! Won't us this again!"
"Peanut Blossoms have been a favorite in our house for many years! I love the chocolate & peanut butter combination. Delicious!"
"I love these cookies. I keep them in the freezer and warm them up in the oven for about 5 minutes."
"A must make! The cookies have a soft creamy texture unlike the typical crumbly peanut butter cookie recipe. With the chocolate it tastes like a peanut butter cup. Without the chocolate it is simply a delicious peanut butter cookie. I make these cookies without rolling them in colored sugar. They were a BIG hit with my family and the office."
"I've made this many times, even without the sugar coating. They are usually gone the same day! Instead of the Hershey kisses, I sometimes just use chocolate chips and make as bite size regular cookies. Delicious!"