Better watch out! These peanut butter cookies topped with dark chocolate candies could be gone before Christmas. —Jeanette Meidal, Savage, Minnesota
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- Red and green colored sugar
- 36 Hershey's Kisses of your choice
- In a small bowl, cream the brown sugar, peanut butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add cookie mix and mix well.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Roll in colored sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until surface cracks. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Blossoms in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p85
Reviews for Peanut Butter Blossoms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review