- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- Red and green colored sugar
- 36 Hershey's Kisses of your choice
- In a small bowl, cream the brown sugar, peanut butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add cookie mix and mix well.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Roll in colored sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until surface cracks. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Blossoms
Sort By :
"Edna, the 3 teaspoons of salt is for the Quick Cookie Mix, which makes 8 cups. Then you use only 2 cups of mix to make the Peanut Blossoms. The dough was easy to work with. I rolled them in white sugar with some red and green sugar mixed in. Pretty without being such a strong color."
"What is wrong with this cookie recipe! I was looking for a different peanut butter cookie recipe, as mine bakes up quite flat and I want them to stand up a bit more. This one stands up, but is very dry, I added an extra egg. 1st pan wasn't even done when I baked 8-10 minutes, so I baked the 2nd pan longer. Also I did not put in the required 3 teaspoons of salt. That has to be wrong!! I just put a dash. Certainly not worth the chocolate I put on top! I'm disappointed, thought Taste of Home recipes were Always the best! Won't us this again!"
"Peanut Blossoms have been a favorite in our house for many years! I love the chocolate & peanut butter combination. Delicious!"
"I love these cookies. I keep them in the freezer and warm them up in the oven for about 5 minutes."
"A must make! The cookies have a soft creamy texture unlike the typical crumbly peanut butter cookie recipe. With the chocolate it tastes like a peanut butter cup. Without the chocolate it is simply a delicious peanut butter cookie. I make these cookies without rolling them in colored sugar. They were a BIG hit with my family and the office."