Peanut Butter Blondies
Here's an easy after-school special moms and dads will love. Don't want the kids to see you with your hands in the cookie jar? Be sure to wash down the evidence with a cold glass of milk. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 peanut butter cups, chopped
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar for 3 minutes. Add the
- peanut butter, butter and milk; mix well. Combine the flour, baking
- powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating just until
- blended. Stir in the peanut butter cups.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 173 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.